Re: Use of IFILE in TNSNAMES.ORA

From: Thomas Vanya <twvanya_at_eastman.com>
Date: 19 May 1998 20:22:02 GMT

Take a look at Oracle Names. (It comes with SQL*Net.) You can completely eliminate the need for TNSNAMES files altogether in most cases. All you have on the client machine is a SQLNET.ORA file that lists the server(s) running Oracle Names that the client should contact for database connection information.
--
Thomas W. Vanya
Database Administrator

Ed.Stevens_at_nmm.nissan-usa.com wrote in article <6js5o6$fp9$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
> Subject: Use of IFILE in TNSNAMES.ORA
TNSNAMES
> file, located on a file server under
> versions (\ORAWIN and
> IFILE=F:\ORANT\NETWORK\ADMIN\TNSNAMES.ORA to point to the
This