Re: Error in Oracle web server file upload

From: <brendan_o'brien_at_wrightexpress.com>
Date: 1998/05/18

Under which db user name did you compile the procedure? If you did it under any name other than that used by the Web Server and didn't grant subsequent execution rights to the web server user, you would get the 'Request Failed' error. The error usually indicates that the package/procedure/function being called either:

  1. doesn't exist
  2. isn't owned/executable by the web server's db user, or
  3. you are passing a parameter to the procedure that it doesn't expect to receive.

The last scenario above would occur if you are calling the procedure by clicking a button on a web page that's performing a submit/post to the new procedure, and the new procedure does not have that button's HTML name set up as an 'IN' parameter of type varchar2.

Try editing the source for the new procedure by adding the calling HTML form button as a varchar2 IN parameter, then recompiling through SQL*Plus after logging into the db with the same userID your web server uses.

Hope this helps,
-Brendan