Re: Error in Oracle web server file upload

From: Steve McAreavey <stephen.mcareavey_at_bt.com>
Date: 1998/05/18

Hi

The message that you got in your Web Browser is in fact the standard error page that Oracle Webserver uses when an unhandled exception is raised in the procedure that you just called.

In addition to this error page, Webserver writes out details of the exception to the error log associated with your database connection. On HP-UX, this is found at:

$ORACLE_HOME/owsX/log/DCDNAME.err

where X is the webserver verion you have.

e.g. for a Websever 2.1 installation, with a DCD name of TEST, the file is:

$ORACLE_HOME/ows21/log/TEST.err

I haven't used Webserver 3, but I think that the DCD (Database Connection Descriptor) is now called DAS or something. The location of the files should be the same though.

If you examine this file, it should give you plenty of detail on why your procedure isn't working correctly.

HTH Steve

Stephen McAreavey
BT PLC
U.K.