Re: Managing archive logs

From: Kevin P. Fleming <kfleming_at_access-laserpress.com>
Date: 1998/05/17

You delete every day's archived logs after backing them up? What happens if one of your daily log backups is not readable when it comes time to restore?

My current system includes backing up the archived logs every day, but not deleting them until two cold backups have occurred after they were backed up. I don't ever want to be in a position of not having a complete, restorable database, and I'm sure you don't either...