Re: Oracle & Visual C++

From: <adric_at_srnet.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 13:52:43 GMT

In article <355EB802.357F747_at_hotmail.com>,   underhell_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
> Can i connect my Visual c++ program to an Oracle personal server
> database??

Yes. That is to say, I've done it. However, unless you've got access to the Win95/NT version of Pro*C (which I don't), you have to do it all with OCI calls.

The OCI which comes with Personal Oracle 7 (and I would assume 8) is set up as DLLs in the oracle_home/bin directory, with stub libraries elsewhere (I don't have it in front of me at the moment).

It does work, or at least, it does for me.

Will "Developer in DBA's Clothing" Johnson