Oracle 8/NT4/NCA/Financials 11.0 -- would you try it?

From: Livia Squires <livia_at_berlandtech.com>
Date: 1998/05/16

My company is considering implementing all of these together. I am worried. We interviewed some implementation consultants who knew of no NT implementations of Oracle 8, and who did not think NCA or Financials 11.0 was officially realeased.
They were basically laughing at the package put together for us by the Oracle saleman. (we are buying the database, application software, tools directly from Oracle, not a reseller).

Another other consulting group I interviewed did not laugh, but they had never implemented Oracle on NT or NCA before either. My questions are ...

-How many production installations of Oracle 8 on NT are out there?
-How many of you have implemented NCA? (IF so, can the app. server and the
data server be on the same physical server? An Oracle employee told me "no", a consultant told me he "thinks so", and another consultant didn't know.
-How well could Oracle run on NT anyway?
-Has anyone implemented the financials package on NT? Does it run well?

Thanks for your input.
Livia Squires Received on Sat May 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT