Re: Boycott Microsoft

From: John S. Heaney <heaney_at_crl2.crl.com>
Date: 1998/05/15

In article <6jhr61$9df$1_at_suriname.it.earthlink.net>, Ron <wyoron_at_earthlink.net> wrote:
>Why is it that under other circumstances nobody trusts the government
>because they are crooked and anything they do is self serving but when the
>government is talking about suing a large corporation then the government is
>right and the corporation is crooked and self serving? Don't take me wrong,
>I have no great love for MS or some of it's practices but please do stay on
>the same side of the fence for all arguments and not hop from side to side
>as oppurtunity presents itself.

Because the border where corporate America and the federal government is hard to find. MS is being taken to task by the DOJ because they haven't been paying off their government like they should have been doing. Bill is taking care of that now. Frankly, I'm surprised that this oversight has gone on for so long. Bill is a pretty sharp guy.

I suggest everyone familiarize themselves with Noam Chomsky's work. You'll find that, in many ways, the federal government has become a tool of coroporate America. As much as everyone has made a stink about welfare, the amount of corporate welfare is much greater. Our system of government has been skewed so that it is no longer simply one vote per person. It's money that counts.

--
John Heaney              Time flies whether you're having fun or not.
heaney_at_crl.com