Re: Query Optimization

From: <bialik_at_wis.weizmann.ac.il>
Date: 1998/05/15

Hi.

I think that something is missing in your SELECT statement. Try following :
  SELECT /*+ ORDERED */ <select-list without any changes>     FROM

     MR_MODEL_EXPLODE MME,
     MR_ELEMENT_RELATION MER,
     MR_ELEMENT ME
   WHERE
     MME.EXPLODE_ID = 1 AND
     MME.EXPLODE_IND = 'Y' AND
     MER.ELEM_ID = MME.ELEM_ID AND
     MER.PARENT_ELEM_ID = MME.PARENT_ELEM_ID AND
     ME.ELEM_ID = MME.ELEM_ID;

If it works, try to simplify the statement by droping the hint and using MR_MODEL_EXPLODE table as the LAST table of FROM list.

Good luck. Michael.

Please let me know if it helped.