Re: Import/Export problem

From: Steven Teo <teobc_at_hpsgmx18.sgp.hp.com>
Date: 1998/05/15

Hi,

   What about CHAR_SET, NLS issues? We have a database with CHAR_SET or NLS_LANG set to US7-ASCII... however, there are 8-bit characters stored in the database. As a side effect, it works. Now, we are trying to export the data and import it into an 8-bit Char_SET, and translation occurs, and the 8th bit is lost.. resulting in data lost... any way to get around this?

  I was thinking exporting the data in US_7ASCII to a dmp file.. and then modify the DMP file to the 8-bit char set before importing... ??

Steve Received on Fri May 15 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT