Re: package limitations

From: Peter Schneider <peter.schneider_at_okay.net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 21:44:50 GMT

On 5 May 1998 02:17:57 GMT, Chris Taylor <chris_at_tdl.com> wrote:

>Is there a limit on the size of a Package.... Out dba swears
>there is even though I cannot find a single reference in the
>documentation.

Hi Chris,

on 7.3.4, I'm not having any kind of problem with packages of 120 to 180 KB of source code size. The documentation says that the size limit depends on the size of the parse tree, whatever this means :-), anyway, it may be larger on 7.3.4 than on 7.2.

BTW, the magic number of 32 KB is in fact a Procedure Builder limitation. The editor component can't handle anything larger than that, so I'd say this isn't a tool with which you can get any serious work done.

HTH,
--
Peter Schneider
peter.schneider_at_okay.net Received on Fri May 15 1998 - 16:44:50 CDT