Please help with SQL_Loader problem...

From: Richard Hollingsworth <RichardH_at_vorlon.hsv.lmsg.lmco.com>
Date: 15 May 1998 15:23:25 GMT

I've been trying for a couple days now to get this to work. Right now, the only way I can get sqlldr80 to load an ascii file into a table is to use the APPEND option. But I have to bring up SQL-PLUS first and delete the records from the table, then run sqlldr80.

If I use TRUNCATE, I get an error. If I use REPLACE, nothing seems to happen at all. I check the table, and It's still empty.

Here's the table def.

 COMP                            NOT NULL VARCHAR2(1)
 LO                                       VARCHAR2(2)
 WBS                             NOT NULL VARCHAR2(20)
 EQP                             NOT NULL NUMBER(12,5)
 FILLER                                   VARCHAR2(1)
 WED                                      VARCHAR2(8)
 RES_CD                                   VARCHAR2(7)
 ACT_MO                                   VARCHAR2(6)

Here's the sqlldr80 script...

	load data
	infile 'd:\orawin95\Input_data\estin.csv'
	badfile 'd:\orawin95\Input_data\estin.bad'
	discardfile 'd:\orawin95\Input_data\estin.dsc'
	--

	replace into table EstIn
		fields terminated by ','

...and the sqlldr80 command line is...

        sqlldr80 userid/password estin.ctl

Can anyone tell me why the replace option does nothing?

Thanx very much,

Richard Hollingswoth Received on Fri May 15 1998 - 10:23:25 CDT