How Do I Expose Methods/Properties of In process Server?

From: <wickie_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 12:36:56 GMT

Hi,

I've created a DLL which references Oracle's In Process server. This allows our DLL to create dynasets and move backwards and forwards through them. Our goal was to isolate all applications from Oracle/SQL knowledge leaving all of that to the DLL. This works very well.....However....

We would like to provide a back door to the application that would allow it to create an Oracle dynaset without having referenced the Oracle inprocess server.

For example: MyApp ( no reference to OIP)

               SuperDLL (compiled w/references to OIP)

MyApp would like to execute methods of the OIP and receive and manipulate OraDynasets without needing to compile the reference to OIP. I know this is boogus syntax but we'd like to do something like the following at the application level:

       dim strSQL as String
       Dim clsMyDynaset as HomeGrownDynaset
       Set clsMyDynaset = New HomeGrownDynaset

       strSQL = "Select * from Dual"
       clsMyDynaset.CreateDynaset(strSQL, ORADYN_READONLY)

       If clsMyDynaset.RecordCount > 0 Then
          clsMyDynaset.MoveFirst
          ..... yada yada yada

Seems like I ought to be able to do this but haven't been able to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Wick