Re: Error 03121 on new DAD

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/05/14

In the general case, this means that you are attempting to perform some operation over the application protocol SQL*Net, and the SQL*Net interface is saying that no appropriate SQL*Net network protocol adapter is installed or configured. How's that for verbose?

Now...in layman's terms, I believe that the cause of your problem is the version of Web Application Server 3.0 you're using is not compatible with Net8 (the Oracle8 version of SQL*Net). This would also explain why svrmgr23 doesn't work for you. What you need to do is install the SQL*Net 2.3.x software (which includes the SQL*Net Client and the appropriate Oracle protocol adapter (e.g., TCP/IP).

When configuring the DAD in WAS 3.0, make sure you specify the database reference by SQL*Net connect string/alias, and not by ORACLE_SID. Hope this helps.

On Wed, 13 May 1998 19:11:51 GMT, mustafah_at_criticalsys.com wrote:

>I just installed Oracle Web Application Server 3.0 and Oracle 8.0.3 on
>Windows NT 4.0 box. I tried to create a new DAD to connect to the local
>database, but I got the following error:
>OWS-05566: DAD scotts submission failed due to error 3121
>ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed
>
>I also get this message when I use svrmgr23.exe instead of svrmgr30.exe. I am
>testing Oracle8 on one PC with 64MB of RAM and an Intel PII 233MHz.
>Any help is greatly appreciated.
>Thanks
>Mustafa

>http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Thu May 14 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT