defunct procs from Oracle 7.3

From: <gcebac_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 06:59:02 GMT

I am in the process of implementing an MRP solution, running on top of Oracle 7.3 on AIX 4.21.

The application is up and running, however, when I give a ps -aef command, I see many <defunct> processes, owned by init. The number of these processes seems to constantly grow.

I have analysed these processes, and have found that prior to becoming defunct, they are the Child Process of an Oracle Process.

The parent process information is :-

oracle7 611566 611052 6 10:01:17 - 0:02 oracleWG73 (DESCRIPTI ON=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))

Being that I have next to no Oracle experience, I have no idea what this means. WG73 is the name of the Oracle instance.

Any help / ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Graham Currie