Re: F45RUN32 on NT 4.0.Lot of memory.

From: Irishcelt9 <irishcelt9_at_aol.com>
Date: 14 May 1998 05:35:15 GMT

We have been using Developer to create applications deployed to NT4.0 clients and initially ran into the same issues. Our memory consumption is compounded by the fact that the owner of our business is a graphics/multimedia freak who insists that each form be loaded with graphics and OLE calls. The average user has between 4 and 6 forms open. We found that we could minimize memory consumption by altering the invocation syntax to use "call" instead of "open". We also moved the majority of our triggers to the server and fire them there as well as made use of SQL Optimization. Finally, when each form module is completed, we use Administration and export the module to a file then re-import it to binary. The version of Developer you are using tends to be notorious for not fully releasing deleted canvases and objects. Doing the Export/import re-aligns all structures and eliminates ghosting.

good luck! Received on Thu May 14 1998 - 00:35:15 CDT