Re: ??? Executing a Unix command from PL/SQL

From: Bjorn Borud <borud_at_guardian.no>
Date: 1998/05/13

[tkyte_at_us.oracle.com (Thomas Kyte)]

| See chapter 10 in the PL/SQL manual. Its about External Procedures
| which let you call C from PL/SQL directly. Basically, you'll create
| a .dll on NT or .so on Unix and then you'll be able to call the
| functions/procedures in that after you map them to pl/sql.

this is something that I've been scanning the docs of Oracle for, but never been able to find. I looked in the PL/SQL 2.3 manual but I didn't find anything there.

in what versions of Oracle is this possible (i generally use 7.3 under HP-UX and Solaris)?

are there any resources available on the web describing this mechanism?

-Bjørn

--
 Bjørn Borud <borud_at_guardian.no>       | "The Net interprets censorship
 <URL:http://www.pvv.unit.no/~borud/>  | as damage and routes around it."