PLSQL Agent Security Cartridge: Argh!

From: <FBowen_at_Mattech.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 02:03:44 GMT

Shoot! I don't have version numbers with me, but here goes:

We've gotten a configuration set up so that we can kick off a stored procedure from a browser URL. The problem is that we want to have a Login/Password dialog pop up to ensure that only certain people can run it and we can't get this to happen! The only way we've been able to see a dialog is if we hard code some comparisons to owa_sec.user_id or owa_sec.password_id in the privinit.sql. Of course, then it's not checking the login/password against the current valid users in a database realm. ARRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

We've opened a ticket with Oracle support but last time it took them a week to get back to us, so any help in the meantime would be GREATLY appreciated!

PS I'll post more details tomorrow when I'm back at work.

Thanks!