Pls Help..Huge Memory Usage on Oracle/Solaris

From: <owheaton_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 21:46:58 GMT

Hi:
We are running into memory problems running oracle 7.3.3.00 on an enterprise 3000 with 4 gigs of main memory..we have several oracle processes(7-8) which consisently show us they are using 200-240 megs of memory each!!! I have never seen this kind of memory usage on any other configuration..and they appear to be simple listener processes...There are approx 5 databases on this machine, neither of which are considered large in size..Is there a setting screwed up or what has gone wrong..Pls help becasue it's starting to affect other processes that are ending due to insufficent memory!

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated..we have reported this to Oracle and we are not getting any answers...

Owen
owheaton_at_appgroup.com