And more synonyms ...

From: Alex Vilner <avilner_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 12:20:43 -0400

Synonyms just keep getting to me more and more ... I have user_A in the database, that has all the objects. I have user_B that has synonyms that point to objects that user_A owns. User_B has a full set of rights to user_A's objects (includes tables, functions, procs, sequences, etc.).

When I execute this query

  SELECT TABLE_OWNER
  FROM USER_SYNONYMS
  WHERE TABLE_NAME = object_name;

while being connected as user_B, I get the right information: the object is indeed being owned by user_A. When I make this statement into a function that user_A owns, and give user_B execute permission on it, and create a synonym for user_B to point to this user_A's function, I get NO_DATA_FOUND exception.

It is as though because the function belongs to user_a, it gets confused looking at the USER_SYNONYMS...

Any suggestions?

Alex Vilner Received on Wed May 13 1998 - 11:20:43 CDT