Re: Connect via TCP/IP starts dialer

From: Paul Smith <syd_at_compuserve.comz>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 14:02:35 GMT

smoore_at_accordhr.com wrote:

>Our network administrator (who is in the process of installing MS Proxy
>Server) tells me that IP addresses with the first number of 10 or less
>are not internet addresses. I don't know if that's the case, but if you
>are in a position to change the address on the server, you could give
>it a shot.

Well, I gave it a shot, I tried IP addresses of 1.123.123.123 and 1.123.123.99 for the server and client respectively. (Fortunately, we have a small test network of three machines) Guess what, it *still* shows the dialer dialog.

Never mind - I was already resigned to being stuck with it. Nice suggestion though.

--
Paul Smith
Technical Manager, SDR Systems Ltd