??? Executing a Unix command from PL/SQL

From: ak <ak_at_x.y>
Date: 1998/05/12

Hi,

Is it possible to execute a Unix command DIRECTLY from an Oracle8 stored procedure? I've looked through the mans, and the closest I get is an example of DBMS_PIPE use, where the stored procedure uses DBMS_PIPE to call an ever-running Pro*C process, which then runs the system command. But is there a more direct/straightforward solution?

Thanx

-ak Received on Tue May 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT