Re: URGENT HELP !!! ---- ORA-600 [16224] error

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/05/12

A copy of this was sent to "Tarun Agarwal" <pathc_at_nde.vsnl.net.in> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 12 May 1998 18:28:18 +0530, you wrote:

>NEED TO RECOVER PRODUCTION DATABASE
>
>Error Number(s): ORA-00447: fatal error in background process
> ORA-00600: internal error code,
> arguments: [16224], [], [], [], [], [], [], []
>Error Text: error 474 detected in background process
>OPIRIP: Uncaught error 447. Error stack:
>ORA-00447: fatal error in background process
>ORA-00474: SMON process terminated with error

Call Support with 600's, especially with a down database. The internal error codes are known to support. In looking at this one - it can be caused by more then one thing depending on your OS, versions, configuration, etc. In order to diagnose this and suggest the correct approach to fixing it, they will need to work with you. It would not be a good idea to just 'try things' as you could make the problem worse.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Tue May 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT