Problems declaring private member-functions/procedures

From: Arjan van Muyen <arjan_at_ddi.nl>
Date: 1998/05/12

Hi,

I am a student developing an interface in pl/sql, using the new object-relational features

I cannot declare private member functions/procedures. When i specify a member which is not in the declaration-part of the object type, i get an compiler-error,

    "this function is not declared in the object-type specification."

This is a correct message, because that is what i want.

The interface is meant to hide many implementation details from the end-user, so i'd like to offer a limited set of functions, And solve the administration-problems internally.

Producing a nice interface is *NOT* possible with all this administrative sh*t beeing visible from outside

the documentation CD tells me declaring private members is possible, but does *NOT* provide an example or syntactic guidelines

Anybody with suggestions or similar experiences (so we can howl some about louzy implementations by Oracle)

Is it better to wait for a new release (currentlly we have 8.0.3, when is a new release coming actually)

Tnx

Arjan van Muyen
Amsterdam Received on Tue May 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT