What Oracle version to choose?

From: Jeppe Sverdrup Brynjulfsen <jeppe.brynjulfsen_at_eunet.no>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 19:22:53 GMT

I am quite new to the Oracle system. I have database as a subject at my university, and do know some database-theori and the SQL-language. Next year I am going to study database more thorough, with Oracle as application. My question is: What version of Oracle should I choose to begin my learning? I have noticed there is many different trial-versions on Oracle's web-site, and I have downloaded the Personal Lite Release 3.0. Is that a good package to begin with?

Any hint and suggestions are most appreciated!

Thank you very much.

Jeppe Sverdrup Brynjulfsen
jeppe.brynjulfsen_at_eunet.no
Den Polytekniske Høyskolen Received on Tue May 12 1998 - 14:22:53 CDT