Re: SQLPlus prompt

From: Richard Willemsen <rwillems_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 06:36:55 GMT

Hi,

On 11 May 1998 08:55:39 GMT, "Sbaiz" <pierluigi.sbaiz_at_elsag.it> wrote:

>Hi all
>
>I'd like to change the prompt SQL> of SQLPlus. So I want to visualize the
>prompt SQL_<istance_name> instead of SQL>.
>There's somebody that know how help me.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Sbaiz P.

Put these lines in your glogin.sql file:

define NewPrompt='unknown'
column ui new_value NewPrompt
set term off
select user || ' @ ' || global_name ui from global_name; set sqlprompt '&NewPrompt> '
set term on

grtnx,
Richard

Real programmers don't comment their code. It was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.

Richard Willemsen
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rwillems/ Received on Tue May 12 1998 - 01:36:55 CDT