Visual Age, OS/2 Warp 4, Oracle

From: Dan Cawley <dpcawley_at_riverstoneinc.com>
Date: 1998/05/11

Greetings,

I'm trying to access an Oracle DB from Visual Age for Java. I've tried both OCI and thin drivers fro Oracle's site. Oracle provides sample programs to test the install. Both programs throw "class not found" exceptions. I have the drivers in my classpath. I'm using Personal Oracle 7.1 for OS/2, VA for Java 1.0, and Warp 4. Anyone used this combination? I plan on running the apps on a Netware version of Oracle, but I'd like to develope using a local copy of Oracle. Anyone have any pointers?

TIA, -Dan
dpcawley_at_riverstoneinc.com Received on Mon May 11 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT