triggers and roles

From: <wfrye_at_mnsinc.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 19:18:51 GMT

We are trying to use roles for security. What we want to do is use a trigger to read the roles assigned to a user and compare them to a value in the database. We have tried using user_role_privs and session_privs. In both case we accessed the roles for the creator of the triigger, not the user logged on. We tried dba-role_role_privs and it couldnot be used by anyone without dba privileges. What is our problem?