Access to Oracle from PERL

From: DannyM <maldonadod_at_ct-arng.ngb.army.mil>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 15:26:06 -0400

Hi there, I have to access and oracle from withing perl. There is a package called DBD-Oracle that would allow me to do so but it does not work on my machine because of a shared library. Instead of going through 10 patches I would like another solution. Is there anyway I could select information from tables with perl and place them in my perl script variables? I know I can do the following:

   open(sqlfile, "|sqlplus $login/$passwd");    print sqlfile "select * from tab\nexit\n";    close sqlfile;
This gives me the required output but I do not have a good way of retrieving the records from the file and dividing them into fields.

Can anyone here help? Received on Sun May 10 1998 - 14:26:06 CDT