Connect with TCP/IP?

From: Terry Engelstad <terry_at_interaccess.com>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 12:50:15 -0500

Does anyone know why, when I try to connect to my Ora8 server across our LAN using TCP/IP, it starts up my dialer. When I click on cancel (without completing the dial-out) it connects fine. If I let the dialer finish dialing to my default (which is my ISP) it still connects just fine. If I remove the TCP entry from tnsnames.ora and leave a named pipe entry it works just fine. What is it about TCP that makes it want to have a phone connection. Is it the Stack???? Received on Sat May 09 1998 - 12:50:15 CDT