Help with adding new record to Oracle table Via VB5.0

From: G Vaidhyanathan <root1_at_sprintmail.com>
Date: 1998/05/08

Hello:

I have a problem adding new records to an Oracle table thro' a VB form. The recordset.addnew command gives an error saying that the recordset is opened as Read Only. Could someone help me give a solution for this?

I really appreciate this help. I have used VB with MS Access a lot and I have not faced this problem.

One more question. How to I avoid the entry of username and password when connection to Oracle from VB form. Oracle opens the login window even I specify userid and password in the connect string.

Thanks in Advance
-ganesh Received on Fri May 08 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT