Re: aliases and links

From: Anton Eskov <anton_at_msoft.ru>
Date: 1998/05/08

Mark,

Try writing a stored procedure which uses dynamic SQL feature to issue appropriate DDL statements (CREATE DATABASE LINK....)

I am not sure if you would be able to invoke the procedure from the INSERT trigger; if not, is it possible for you to change INSERT statement to a procedure call? The procedure would take care of inserting the record and creating the link then.

BTW, what is an alias for a database?

SY
Anton