Re: Help! Dev 2000 2.0 has stepped on SQL Plus & Personal Oracle

From: <mmkprod_at_email.msn.com>
Date: 1998/05/08

We had PO7 7.3 and Dev 2K 1.5 (I think). Then we went to 1.5.1 and then PO7 and SQL*Plus are messed up. Reinstalling 1.5 did not fix it. Had to reinstall PO7 and all its utilities. Called Support and they said they had heard "some items like that" and that we should "not do that" (I hear Groucho in the background somewhere, don't yout :->)

Anyway, there are compat. problems galore with PO7 - PO8 is probably no better. I try to keep as few different products on a PC as possible. Call Support and give them an earfull. Maybe they have a bulletin they can fax you that says "Don't do that" ;-]

Also try the Metalink page on Oracle's support page and look up the products to see if you have the latest of everything and that there are no posted warnings. Good luck.