AIX3.2.5 &Oracle7.2: Embedded sql Creating shared library failed.

From: Dirk Großkopf <grosskopf_at_secco.de>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 17:30:20 +0200

Hi.

I currenty have a problem with using embedded sql in a shared library. Recently I created a shared libray under AIX v. 3.2.5, that uses embedded sql. I used as db-system db2. The whole thing works fine. Now I have to migrate the whole thing to Oracle 7.2, then the problems began. After some little changes in my code, the proc accepts the files without any warning. The whole source is now compiled and the object files are created. The last step in my Makefile is the ld command to create the static library. I tried to link the libraries libsql.a, libora.a and different other libraries, but alway the linker cannot resolve some symbols. These symbols comes from the oracle libraries. If I'm not linking any Oracle library, the ld tells me, that he can't resolve the .sqlca (or like this).

My question is: does anyone can tell me, which libraries are needed by Oracle to use embedded sql in shared libraries. In DB2 it was very easy. Only the library libdb2.a was needed. I searched the Oracle documentation and didn't find a answer. I tried to use the libraries that are mentioned in the sample Makefile: proc.mk no result.

(p.s.) I'm not using Oracle version 7.3!

Please send a e-mail to : grosskopf_at_secco.de

Hoping for a hint

        Dirk Grosskopf Received on Fri May 08 1998 - 10:30:20 CDT