Migrating Applications from single nodes to multi nodes

From: Cyrille OUDARD <cyrille_at_netvigator.com>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 18:59:27 +0800

Hi,

I need to migrate from a single node system to a multi node cluster system, using Oracle Parallel Server on Oracle7 on HP/UX. Oracle said few changes have to be made on the client application (we used Power Builder)

Do you have any idea about what kind of modifications I should do on the client to make the exsiting application compliant with a multi node cluster system and OPS ?
I know queries can be optimized to take fully advantages of partitionning and pipelining. Is this the only modification ?

Thank you for your help,

Cyrille. Received on Fri May 08 1998 - 05:59:27 CDT