Re: Need substring of a long field - help please

From: Anton Eskov <anton_at_msoft.ru>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 11:17:09 +0400

In general, the error is because LONG data type is not allowed in SUBSTR

Suggested PL/SQL solution would work only in cases when actual length of LONG data is less than the declared length of PL/SQL variable. Perhaps this enough, if actual data length does not exceed 32000...

SY
Anton

ALEX J JENTILUCCI wrote in message
<6itl3g$4qfs$1_at_newssvr04-int.news.prodigy.com>...
>Hi Amy,
>
> Though you didn't specify what you're doing, I assume (reluctantly)
that