Re: Tuning ProC Cursors...

From: Willy Chua <willy_at_dfi.com>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 06:48:51 GMT

I have tried using host array to store a chunk of the records from each cursors. The initial retrieval was pretty good. But after a while, like couple of hundred of records were retrieved from each cursors, the performance collapse. The retrieval time were not linear anymore.

I am suspecting that there were thashing or heavy swapping. Something like the cursors has used up all the resources.

Then I tried setting the hold_cusror = YES and release_cursor = NO but it didn't help.

Thanks in advance again for any help.

PS. the records in each of the 4 tables contains an average of several hundred thousand of records.