Re: Web Server 3.0 and Java

From: Marc Fleischeuers <Marc.Fleischeuers_at_kub.no-spam.nl>
Date: 07 May 1998 08:54:18 +0200

Michelle Warner <delonda_at_radium.ncsc.mil> writes:

> I am trying to comipile some java code which is importing the
> oracle.html package. I keep getting errors that oracle.html can not be
> found. Should I be using javac to compile or should I use pl2java (I
> think that is right). Basically my question is how do I compile Java
> code containing imports from the oracle packages.

Are you sure the class path, when you compile your classes, includes the location of the oracle.* hierarchy? I think pl2java is a different beast altogether. Try like this:

$ORACLE_HOME/ows21/bin/javac -classpath \

	$ORACLE_HOME/ows21/lib/classes.zip:\
	$ORACLE_HOME/ows21/lib/oracle.zip:. \
	myClass.java

Marc
--

                     "Het hoeft nietsch te zijn, alsch het maer wat lijckt"
                                           Dutch proverb, late 20th century