Memory leaks

From: BinhDo <binhdo_at_aol.com>
Date: 07 May 1998 03:12:22 GMT

We currently have Oracle 7.3.3 running on Solaris 2.5.1 on a Ultra Sparc xx with 1GB RAM. The problem we're having is that after about 2 to 3 days our available physical memory drops to 16MB RAM. (We're using the program tops to look at the memory, swap space, etc.). However, the swap space usage is merely 76MB out of 2GB swap space.

Is the 16MB left of available RAM normal? Is there any way I can check what's causing the memory leak. Currently, the system is not running anything other than Oracle and the telnet sessions and the few Oracle stuff (e.g. sqlplus). Does Oracle provide a way for me to check if it's causing the memory leak?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Binh Received on Wed May 06 1998 - 22:12:22 CDT