Re: package limitations

From: Eugen Nyffeler <eugen.nyffeler_at_ubs.com>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 18:43:39 +0200

Chris Taylor wrote:

> Is there a limit on the size of a Package.... Out dba swears
> there is even though I cannot find a single reference in the
> documentation.

Hi Chris

I had once the problem that the software (16bit-version) on the PC was not able to process files larger then 32K (i'm not shure if it was the sql*net or not).
On the unix box there was no problem (size was around 40k), but packages so large are a pain in the a... to support. I can only think of two possible limitations. - the definition for the linenumber in the dba_source is number

   and the textlength per line is 2000 chars.    So number of lines * line length = max -->    should be somthing like 10e37*2000=2e40 ?? - the person which must support the code

HtH
eugen Received on Tue May 05 1998 - 11:43:39 CDT