Re: unable to use edit function in SQLPlus

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 15:40:07 GMT

A copy of this was sent to gtreshinsky_at_rsc.rockwell.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 05 May 1998 09:52:29 -0600, you wrote:

>Please provide an insight!
>
>When I'm in an SQLPlus session and I try to modify a previous command using
>the edit feature, I receive the following message
>SQL> edit
>Cannot create save file "afiedt.buf"
>SQL>
>
>TIA,
>
>Jerry Treshinsky

>http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

You don't have write permission in the current working directory.

If you have to work in that directory, you can:

SQL> save /tmp/a
SQL> edit /tmp/a

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Tue May 05 1998 - 10:40:07 CDT