Re: Can we change/handle property of Push Button in multi record block?

From: Marcel Claus <Marcel.Claus_at_Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
Date: 1998/05/04

sajjadawan_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> Can we change/handle property of Push Button in multi record block (table
> window) Individually. For example for first row its label is "ADD" and for the
> second row it is "Remove".

  I had this problem also, but there is no way to do this. The only thing you can do
is set a visual attribute for the current record. But you can make a very tricky hack...
First you position a button next to every row of the record block. It will then look
like this in your form:

Field 1 1         Field 1 2           Field 1 3 ...                   Button 1
Field 2 1         Field 2 2           Field 2 3 ...                   Button 2
Field 3 1         Field 3 2           Field 3 3 ...                   Button 3

Make sure that the buttons are NOT part of the multi record block. The must have their
own block and you have to identify them individually with individual names. Second you write a PRE-TEXT-ITEM or PRE-BLOCK-ITEM trigger doing the following:

1) Determine the number of the entered row (GET_BLOCK_PROPERTY)
2) Check how many rows have already been srolled down (GET_BLOCK_PROPERTY)
3) subtract the numbers received with (1) and (2). This is the number of the
button corresponding

   to the entered row.
4) Set the properties of the button to whatever the button in the active row should do. (SET_ITEM_PROPERTY)

You also have to make sure that the code attached to each buttons "knows" what to do! You can do
this by checking the state of the button via GET_ITEM_PROPERTY or by using a variable remembering the
number of the active row and branching via an IF-ELSIF-ELSE.

Marcel Received on Mon May 04 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT