Application transparency in OPS

From: leekh <leekh_at_cse.com.sg>
Date: 5 May 98 03:48:21 GMT

Hi

I am currently Oracle OPS on IBM SP. Basically there are 2 SP nodes running 3 instances. When 1 node fails the failed instance is taken over by another node. This works fine.

My problem is that the applications (procedures, triggers, pro*c) from other instances (not on OPS) are accessing the instances on OPS using Database links.

When the instance fails over node, the application does not automatically fail over the connection to the new node. I can force it over by dropping the DBLINK and recreating it to point to the new node. But this requires a separate program and priviledges which my application does not have.

Does anyone knows if it can be done transparently so that the application does not see the switch ?

Thanks

Lee Kim Huat
email : leekh_at_cse.com.sg
CSE Systems & Engineering Received on Mon May 04 1998 - 22:48:21 CDT