Encrypting a data field

From: Nancy Whitney <whitney_at_apk.net>
Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 08:43:44 -0400

Is there a way to encrypt a data field in Oracle (ver. 7.2.3)? It is running on UNIX for now, but we will run similar applications on NT soon so if I use an external utility, it has to be something that runs on both platforms.

I called Oracle but they didn't know... still, there has to be something I can do. The application is one that has usernames and passwords stored in a table. It is the password field I need to encrypt.

Any ideas will be *greatly* appreciated.

Nancy Received on Sat May 02 1998 - 07:43:44 CDT