Re: Big table help needed

From: Jgitomer <jgitomer_at_aol.com>
Date: 02 May 1998 02:55:07 GMT

Hi Larry,

Based on your question I assume that your big table isn't indexed. If so index it on the three column key.

Assuming that you are running with a recent version of Oracle you should also run an ANALYZE on the table so that the cost-based optimizer will have good data to work with.

Regards

Jerry

>From: "Larry Schenavar" <schenavar_at_northstate.net>

>I have a 4 column table with 8 million rows. The key is 3 of the
>columns(one of them is a date). The table is very slow to query. Will
>creating an index on those three columns help? any other thoughts.
>

>-

Jerry Gitomer Since I know how to spell DBA, I became one. Received on Fri May 01 1998 - 21:55:07 CDT