ODBC Problem with Dynaset

From: Dan Schaertel <dschaert_at_gte.net>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 14:05:24 -0400

Help! I am using Personal Oracle 8 and writing in Visual C++ 5.0 using ODBC under Windows95. I can only get a recordset if I use forwardOnly. I get an error indicating that the driver doesn't support dynaset if I try to do that. Actually it doesn't support snapshot either. I am using the Oracle ODBC driver 8.03. I was using the same exact code with SQL Server 6.5 and ODBC and it worked fine. I can also link to the tables through Access97. The ODBCTest program that comes with Oracle works fine. I don't get it. Is there something special that must be done to make this work. Received on Fri May 01 1998 - 13:05:24 CDT