Stand alone Developer/2000 HOWTO?

From: Victor <laservices_at_NOSPAM.usa.net>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 11:01:17 +0200

Here's a novice question.

I want to install the free trial version of Developer/2000 on my laptop with Windows 95 to take it on the road but I don't have enough space to install Personal Oracle, and of course I won't have any network either. Is it still possible to 'connect' somehow to databases? If so, how should I configure my Developer?

I tried 'system'/manager and scott/tiger combinations to logon but nothing works. I get ORA-09352 error message about Windows NT two-task driver unable to start. So Developer is trying to connect to the server, right? How can I tell it to look for databases on my own hard drive. Actually, I can't even start SQL*Plus because of that logon problem, so I really can't give any command to Developer. I have SQL*Net TCP/IP adapter installed (Windows Sockets) - is that a problem?

Thanks for reading!

Cheers,

Victor

Please delete NOSPAM. if you reply by e-mail. Received on Fri May 01 1998 - 04:01:17 CDT