Re: Synonyms and multiple schemas

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 03:06:19 GMT

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998 18:05:46 -0400, Alex Vilner <avilner_at_usa.net> wrote:

>I would like to create a set of synonyms for a group, so that
>all members of the group can reference a set of objects,
>without having to prefix them with schema owner name.

You would have to create the synonyms for each user, which I don't blame you for not wanting to do. Maintaining that would be a chore.

If what you want are seperate test and production environments, you should consider creating another Oracle database instance.

Jonathan Received on Thu Apr 30 1998 - 22:06:19 CDT