Re: Select results across instances?

From: Thomas Vanya <twvanya_at_eastman.com>
Date: 30 Apr 1998 19:02:10 GMT

What I find to be the most straightforward method is to first create a database link on instance A that refers to instance B. (This also requires the appropriate SQL*Net setup on instance A.) Once that is in place, I create synonyms for the tables on the "remote" instances. You need to remember that unless you embed a userid and password in the database link, the userid and password used on instance A will be passed to instance B.

This should get you going. I'll be happy to provide more detail if needed.

Craig Nelson <cnelson_at_127.0.0.1> wrote in article <6ia7uo$h0v$1_at_clarknet.clark.net>...
> hey all, I am hoping someone could help me out on this.
>
> I have 2 instances, and need to run a query using data from tables in
both
> instances. I thought the "@" operator would work:
>
> select name from employee where name not in (select name from
> employee_at_instanceb);

(snip) Received on Thu Apr 30 1998 - 14:02:10 CDT