order of tables in FROM ?

From: Phil R Lawrence <prl2_at_lehigh.edu>
Date: 1998/04/29

Hey, anybody can write SQL (I do), but I want to move on to a higher plain.

  1. Is the ordering of tables listed in the FROM statement important for performance?
  2. Is there a FAQ where I can start to learn what things *do* impact performance?

Thanks!

--

Phil R Lawrence phone: 610-758-3051 Programmer / Analyst e-mail: prl2_at_lehigh.edu 194 Lehigh University Computing Center E.W. Fairchild - Martindale, Bldg. 8B Bethlehem, PA 18018