Re: Is OCI thread-safe?

From: Bob Withers <Bob.Withers_at_mci.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 12:34:25 GMT

[This followup was posted to comp.databases.oracle.misc and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

In article <6i5ri0$u8r$1_at_news.semaphore.net>, ericNOCAPS_at_semaphore.com says...
> Is ORACLE's OCI library thread safe? I had assumed it was until recently
> when I began getting some very peculiar runtime errors. Once under a heavy
> load (maybe 5 or more concurrent database accesses, each on it's own
> connection and cursor), my application will croak inside a function called
> kpumgs() (I assume that's a function located somewhere deep in the oracle
> libraries).
>
> My platform is ORACLE 7.3 enterprise for solaris/sparc.

To enable thread safe behavior you need to call the OPINIT() function but I don't think this was available until 7.3.3. I could be wrong.

Bob Received on Wed Apr 29 1998 - 07:34:25 CDT